Material Selection and Processing
The TEP Package
The package consists of:
- Multimedia CD-ROM: including a software selection tool,
material property database and printable versions of the
material selection charts.
- A3 full colour case study booklet:
starting with a tutorial on product analysis, this
booklet undertakes 3 case studies in order to demonstrate
the concepts involved in successful selection. The case
studies are useful for DT as a whole, but each is
targeted at a slightly different audience:
- 13A plug: systems and general
- drinks containers: graphics and soft
- bike: engineering and mechanics.
Each case study is about 8 sides and focuses on
particular design issues for the product concerned. Web-ready
versions of the tutorial
and plug case study
can be found elsewhere on this WWW site.
- A4 booklet of charts: containing a
colour version of each of the 11 material selection
charts with summarised information on its features and
use as well as some simple questions; also included are
B&W versions of the charts for photocopying.
- Teacher booklet: further details on
selection charts and process selection as well as answers
to all the questions raised in the Charts in Action and
the Case Study booklet.
- COMING SOON: a text book will be made
available at a slight extra cost!
Details of how to order the package,
which is priced £36 (+p&p), can be found on the TEP WWW site.
Materials Selection and
Processing main page.
Last updated: 06/04/2000. Constructive comments are always welcome.